Rights and obligations – spouse of a foreigner

Submitting a common application for international protection means that you give a power of attorney to your spouse to represent your interests in the proceedings on granting international protection. It signifies that all decisions issued in this matter will be given to your spouse and will be forwarded to his address. It means that the Head of the Office for Foreigners is not obliged by law to conduct a hearing with you for the purpose of the proceedings.

Nevertheless, you remain the right to forward a request for arranging your hearing turning directly to the Head of the Office for Foreigners.

As a spouse you remain the right to forward a separate request for international protection (eg. if you apply for international protection for different reasons than your spouse) Then your case will be handled separately.

Submitting a common application requires your written consent (issued on an application form for granting international protection).