I have a valid “D” visa or a residence permit issued by another Schengen state

A foreigner holding a valid national visa (marked with symbol D) or a residence permit issued by one of the member states of the Schengen area, is authorized to move within the territory of other member states of the Schengen area (including Poland) for the period not exceeding 90 days within each 180-day period, under the following conditions:

  • has a valid travel document,
  • is able to justify the purpose and conditions of the planned residence and
  • has sufficient measures of subsistence or a possibility of obtaining them in accordance with the law, as well as
  • is not considered to be a threat to public policy, internal security, public health or the international relations of any member states, and in particular no alert has been issued in Member States’ national data bases for the purposes of refusing entry on the same grounds.

In addition, the foreigner’s data should not be present in the national list of alerts of the member state concerned.

Visa sticker template (which is the same for Schengen and national visas) and residential documents, issued by other Schengen countries, authorizing movement and residence within the Schengen area (including Poland) are available on websites of the PRADO register (PUBLIC REGISTER OF AUTHENTIC IDENTITY AND TRAVEL DOCUMENTS).
Names and templates of residential documents issued by member states of the Schengen area, which entitle to travel within the area, are also available at the following links: